Wednesday 23 November 2016

A dislocated shoulder.....

Dont' worry, not mine but my poor Prairie Schooler Skeleton!


See his right shoulder (on the left)?  Well, it should be sitting at the same level as the other shoulder but I didn't notice the discrepancy until after I had stitched all of his arm and the two keys.  At first I thought to myself, 'oh no! All that frogging!' But then the more I looked at it, the more I quite liked my unintentional change to the design and I have decided that the poor skeleton has a dislocated shoulder - poor lamb!

Skeleton from 
"Boo Moon"
Prairie Schooler Book #189
Fabric: Mystery orange (yes, it is actually orange, much brighter than the pic shows) lugana 
Floss: DMC 3371 and 720



.... and now for a very belated Hallowe'en Ornie Finish....

I present to you Witchy Remedy by Silver Creek Samplers from JCS Halloween Ornie Mag 2011.

This was my piece for the April 2013 theme on the earlier incarnation of this Hallowe'en Ornie SAL blog - finally finished!  Only Three and a half years late! lol!






Look carefully, at the last pic, can you see the mistake I made, again?  Another one that I intend to keep, as it sort of fits in with the theme of the piece.

Witchy Remedy
Silver Creek Samplers
JCS Halloween Ornie Mag 2011
Fabric: Unknown
Floss: Suggested DMC

So, that is all for me for now, 

hugs, Kaye


5 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Love your skeleton! I do hope he's not in too much pain with his shoulder!
I have your second finished piece on my to-stitch list, one day.... there are no mistakes just your take on a design! :o)
Hugs xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The skeleton looks great even with uneven shoulders!

I'm guessing the word "mouldy" is the issue, have you used a different colour or a variegated thread, or is it that there's a u missing? I thought that was the Americanisation of the word. They don't like "u" a whole lot!

Khristine Doiron said...

They both are perfect just they way they are! Beautiful Stitching Kaye :)

Lili said...

The skeleton is really cute!! I love the pretty cat!! :)

Heather said...

Actually the skeleton looks intentional because you usually have one arm above the other when juggling. They look great! Jo is right, we hate the "u"!