Saturday 30 April 2016

By the skin of my teeth... ...

... I have finished my April Hallowe'en Ornament...

I really struggled to find a design which called to me for the April theme of ghosts but then I was rescued by the mailman, who brought me my order of some Just Nan patterns, including the wonderful Counting Bats.  The gorgeous Jo is stitching this for the SAL and so I am going to jump on her bandwagon and start with the ghost band and move around from there.  Thanks, dear Jo, for the inspiration.

So, at 11.09 pm on Saturday, 30th I finished my first band - Band 3.



32ct Evening Sky Belfast Linen
Mixture of called-for DMC threads and over-dyed floss from my stash
(it is actually a bit more lilac than this picture shows and the reason the top border is incomplete is that it is really part of Band 2 - which I will go back and stitch when I get the chance).

hugs, Kaye




6 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute great job!

Khristine Doiron said...

Great job on getting it done in time! It looks wonderful :)

Lili said...

Lovely!! This piece is very pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on squeaking in at the last moment! This is why I dedicate weekends 1 and 2 to the two Ornie SALs.

Great start to the band sampler. You might notice that the next bands match the themes surprisingly well.

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, everyone, I am so pleased with how it is going so far - thank you, Jo, for your wonderful inspiration and, yes, I had noticed! lol!

Stitching Noni said...

Great start ... and finish :o)
Well done!
Hugs xx